Sunday 29 July 2012

Coding Week 5 & 6: Cleaning the Mess

At this moment of time i completed the work of back-end to store bi-gram and retrieving them for use.But for a good software best thing is to make it work correctly and expectantly.As a statement in software world its said "Actual work starts when you complete implementation" .This  worked well in my GSOC project too.
Generally any piece of software have set of pre-made test which are kept or written to prevent unusual and check behavior of code.I have run these test a lot of test were Failing in my code.So its time to fix these "Pain in Ass bugs".Most of the time the are so common bugs that you tend to forget these every time you check code or don't expect this to happen.

These Weeks were mostly spent sleeping with these Bugs and Discussion on Comments by my mentor and Watching "Burn Notice"(One of Awesome Series i have seen).

In week 6 my mentor(jaylett) commented on my work and i was totally impressed by his way of finding deep problems which are generally overlooked and learned a lot from each and every of his comments.So Weeks were awesome as mentor comments taught me a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment